Middle East Region
Our In-Country Partner for the IBT in the Middle East is:
IBT in the Middle East
The International Benchmark Tests (IBT) is administered in the Middle East - United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. More than 125 private schools and over 50 000 students in these countries have been participating in the IBT every year.
The IBT has received an extremely positive response from schools with an increasing number of schools choosing to participate because of the comprehensive diagnostic and benchmarking feedback provided to them. The IBT allows schools to benchmark their school’s performance against other schools in their region and internationally. High quality feedback in the form of electronic and paper based Student and School Reports is provided for teachers and students, allowing them to compare their performance reliably with students from their own school, country/region and internationally.
Schools in the Middle East use the IBT in a number of ways:
- As a diagnostic and remedial instrument
- For gap analysis and curriculum planning
- To monitor individual and school progress by highlighting strengths and weaknesses
- To develop problem solving, reasoning, inferring and thinking skills in their students
- For monitoring student and school performance over time
Students participating the program can benefit in the following ways:
- Individual reports that highlight skills, strengths and weaknesses enabling them to see their intrinsic abilities and potential for learning
- High quality test items that engage students across all ability levels
- A Scale score to measure their progress over time
- School, regional and international percentiles to compare and benchmark their performance
- Recognition of student performance in the form of High Distinction, Distinction and Participation Certificates
In the Middle East, most private schools have been participating in the IBT since 2004 from a wide range of curricula, including UK, IB, US, CBSE, CBSE-i, ISCE, Pakistani and Filipino. The program helps bring together students from diverse backgrounds, nationalities and learning experiences providing large and rich cohort population for benchmarking performance.
The IBT is administered in November each year.
Test dates for 2017:
English – Monday 20 November
Maths – Tuesday 21 November
Science – Wednesday 22 November
Arabic – Thursday 23 November
PO Box 502339
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Tel: +971 4 434 1904
Fax: +971 4 434 1903